Who are Datamark?
Datamark are a company that specialises in quality self-adhesive labels, at competitive prices, with an unsurpassed reputation for delivering on time. Our aim is to always go that extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction, which has enabled us to increase our client portfolio to a range of industries including food, logistics, distribution & storage, electronics, homecare, automotive and industrial.
Have Datamark got a catalogue or price list?
No. The nature of label printing & production with the huge number of product combinations including colours, materials, core sizes, machines and sizes means that it is not practical to publish a price list. Instead Datamark will work with our customers and prospective clients to select the best combination of materials and finishes to cost effectively deliver your labelling requirements..
We are particularly comfortable working with individuals & companies who are not familiar with labelling, and may be searching for label products the very first time.
Can Datamark provide labels in small rolls on 19mm cores for portable/handheld printers?
Yes, we are able to support customers with requirements for small roll labels on 19mm cores for Portable/Handheld Printers and can also provide Thermal Receipt Rolls to this spec.
Do Datamark produce fan-fold labels?
Datamark are able to offer fan-fold labels and tags if required. We can also provide large fan-fold packs for smaller printers where usually the roll size is restricted to around 500 labels, hence reducing the time spent changing rolls if you use a large number of labels.
What products can Datamark supply?
Datamark UK have a wide range of products from Plain Labels to complex Labelling Systems and Applicators. We also provide one of the very best Ink-Jet Printing solutions on the market which offers exceptional quality print.
Can Datamark provide A4 Sheeted Labels?
Yes, we can offer Plain White A4 Sheeted Labels in a range of template sizes and we can also offer coloured A4 Sheeted Labels.
Can you print our company logo?
Yes, provided you supply us with satisfactory artwork files via email we can print your Company Logo onto your labels.
What’s the difference between Direct Thermal and Thermal Transfer Printing methods?
Direct Thermal printing requires the utilisation of labels using a chemically coated face paper to allow the print head to react with the face material which generates the images onto the labels. These labels are normally used in situations where the label doesn’t have to last very long, such as fresh food labelling. This means it is often used in warehouses for dispatch and pallet labelling. If these labels are used in the incorrect application then the labels can fade, discolour or become illegible when exposed to heat and light.
Thermal transfer printing requires the use of either a wax, wax/resin or full resin ribbon to print. It is a durable and long-lasting method of printing when using the correct combination of labels and thermal transfer ribbons.
If you need advice or help deciding which is the best method of printing for you, then just let us know the make and model of your printer, and what you are using the labels for and we will advise you on the method best suited for your application.
I am having problems with the print quality of my label printer, what can I do?
Thermal Transfer printers are in general very reliable requiring very little service or maintenance, the print head should be cleaned regularly with a print head cleaner, we recommend the use of Versawipes available via Datamark UK. This can also be used to remove any adhesive build-up in the label path to keep your print quality at its optimum. Here are some solutions to usual common problems:
White lines through print or some print is missing – Clean print head. If this doesn’t work the Print Head may have to be replaced.
Poor print quality – Ensure you clean the head regularly with a head wipe, we recommend Versawipes available via Datamark UK.
Faint Print – This is normally due to incorrect ribbon type or the print head temperature is too low.
Print filling in or blurred – This is caused when the Head temperature is either too high or the print speed is set too fast.
I cannot find what I want?
If you are unable to find what you require then please contact us and ask, or use the website search button on the top right side of this page.
What do I need to include if placing an order by email?
To ensure all orders are processed as quickly and as accurately as possible please include as much of the following information as possible:
- Datamark UK Part Number
- Order quantity – must be multiples of the Datamark UK box quantities available. All orders will be rounded to the nearest box quantity.
- All orders must be placed before 12 mid-day to guarantee the same day shipping of stock code A sizes (if in stock).
- All working orders will be acknowledged within two working hours of receipt. Please contact us if you have not received an acknowledgement within this time as it is unlikely we have received your order.
- Price and delivery details will be confirmed on order acknowledgements.
- All orders are subject to the Datamark UK ‘Conditions of Sale’ available on request.
- All UK orders are shipped on a next day delivery basis.
Do you supply to the trade?
Yes, subject to minimum purchases and our standard conditions for trade work. Please contact us for details.
What are Datamark’s payment terms and conditions?
Payment on all new accounts is strictly Pro-Forma Invoice and for any future orders you can open a credit account once you have completed a New Account Application Form for our Standard 30 day credit terms. Payment can then be made via BACS transfer.
Is VAT included in the price?
No, VAT is not included in the quoted price.
Can I pay by Visa, MasterCard or Amex credit cards?
Yes, we accept payment for your goods by either debit card, VISA and MASTERCARD credit cards. Unfortunately we do not accept American Express. Many customers now pay by card over the phone, so please call us and we will happily take payment over the phone by card.
Where do we ship to?
Datamark produce a wide range of Labels & Labelling solutions which we can ship Worldwide at no additional cost except for the carriage charges which we bill at cost. We have shipped product as far afield as Australia.
What is Datamark’s standard lead-time?
Datamark offer a first class service and can provide you with labels within 3 to 7 working days, very much dependant on the type of label required. We can provide an urgent service and have been known to deliver labels the same day when the need arises much to the great appreciation of the customers concerned, which will incur additional charges.
What is Datamark’s complaints or returns policy?
We acknowledge that compatibility issues and manufacturing defects can occur, and Datamark UK will do our utmost to resolve any issues you may have, with either a replacement delivery or a return for credit. In order to process returns and credits efficiently we have a returns policy which must be followed:
- We must agree to all returns before you send anything back to Datamark UK. Stock code ‘C’ and made to order items can only be returned if they are found to be faulty (see below).
- All product complaints and requests to return products should be reported back to Datamark UK at the earliest opportunity.
- A complaints or returns form will be emailed to you and must be completed with as much information as possible to help us investigate further.
- All returns MUST be sent with a GRN Number which will be issued following receipt or the completed complaints or returns form.
- If the return is due to an error or problem caused by Datamark UK, we will arrange for the return at our cost. If the return is due to an incorrect order from yourselves then we can either arrange for the collection and bill you accordingly or you are free to arrange the return yourself.
- Once the returned items have been received, checked and agreed we will issue a credit note against the invoice originally used for the order. If the credit or return is due to an error not caused by Datamark UK, their will be a 10% handling and processing fee, which will be deducted from the full credit amount.
- If a replacement or re-delivery is required, we will discuss the details with you separate from the return.
Please note that all category ‘C’ items and other made to order items or grades are non-returnable unless faulty (as checked against Datamark UK test materials). It is the customer’s responsibility to check that Stock Code ‘C’ and made to order sizes are compatible with the labels or substrates used in the application. Print results will vary on different substrates and will also vary further when these substrates have been printed or over varnished.